VLC Media Player 3 (Windows/Mac)
VLC Media Player 3 (Windows/Mac)
VLC Media Player 3 is a true allrounder: It plays almost every video and audio format, converts and streams video and audio. Despite its tremendous functionality, it is free. VLC Media Player 3.0.1 plays a large number of multimedia formats such as MP3, MOV, FLV, Video CD, DVD, DivX, MPEG, Real, also handles DivX streaming and provides powerful functions for video and audio downloads: Watching and saving YouTube and Vimeo movies in a selectable video format is one of the most popular features of VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player can play videos and compressed ZIP compressed audio packages as a preview while downloading. Don’t wait for the end of the download, just check in advance what is currently being downloaded to your PC! Optionally, you may enhance the interface and skin of VLC Media Player. If you do not like the interface, you can adjust it quickly and easily using the free VLC Skin Editor. Other features of VLC Media Player include:
- Play these formats: 3GP, AAC, AC3, ASF, ANNODEX, AVI, CREATIVE VOICE, DTS, DVB, FLAC, FLV, MIDI, MKV, MOV, MPG, MPEG (ES, MP3, MP4, PS, PVA, TS), MXF, MIDI, NUT, OGG, OGM, Real (RAM, RM, RMVB, RV), RAW DV, SVCD, WAV, WMA, WMV and more
- Adaptation of VLC Media Player interface via skins
- Automatic Coversearch on the Internet
- Convert audio and video formats
- Full Screen Video Replay
- Play and save streaming videos from YouTube and Vimeo
- Play fragmented or incomplete videos and audio files
- Playlist features for audio and video
- Save DVD movies to disk
- Save video in one of numerous codec variants
- Seamless integration with Windows 7 Superbar
- Use hardware acceleration when playing HD video to minimize processor load
- Video streaming (works as server and client)
- Volume correction for low volume video sequences
Optimize video and sound in VLC
If you replay a brand new DVD in VLC Media Player, you will usually receive optimal sound and video. For copied films, however, the quality often is not too good. In this case, open Tools, Settings to use a range of filters and settings. Activate All in the bottom right corner to unlock all options. Under Audio and Video you will find numerous settings that allow, for example, to adjust color saturation and sharpness.
Synchronize video and sound in VLC
The audio filter Equalizer compensates for sound disturbances and thus increases the sound quality. Once the sound lags behind, that is, the actors do not move their lips in sync with the sound, fix this issue by using the audio sync adjustment under Audio. Note: You must enter the value in milliseconds. Example: Use -4000 for 4 seconds.
VLC Media Player should not be missing on any PC, where audio and video is used. It outmatches most free media players with his superior functionality and easy handling. The tremendous number of helpful features makes this open source tool one of the most valuable downloads on the Internet currently.
Alternatives to VLC Media Player
If you are still looking for alternatives to VLC Media Player, take a look at the free KMPlayer, which also plays damaged video files. The free SMPlayer reminds closely of Microsoft Windows Media Player, but has much more features. Media Player Classic has evolved from Microsoft Windows Media Player through open source development.